Saturday, May 30, 2015

Goal by goal megapost update

 1. Become a "certified" tarot reader (after researching the "best" tarot certification organization)

After discussing this with the folks at Aeclectic, I am not sure that there is a tarot certification program that I want to be involved with. This goal is being changed. I am still not sure what I want it to be. I think that I might like to create my own deck and "little white book," but I don't know.

2. Read tarot cards professionally (i.e. earn $ at least once for a reading)

I'm not making much progress on this.

3. Skydive

I wanted to do this for my birthday this year, but we bought a house (!), so I am tabling it for a bit.

4. Be initiated into a Wiccan or NeoWiccan coven or group (probably the semi-local ATC group)

I am still interested, but this might need to wait for a while. I am pursing JL membership this year, and then if my application is accepted, I will be working on my MFA for the two years after that, so I might need to wait for a bit in order to devote enough time. My UU group and Goddess friends are enough for now.

5. Buy a house COMPLETED!

We closed May 15th! It is my Witchy Wonderland, and I love it. I am posting all about my homeownership adventures on my new blog. Yes, I started another one to neglect.

6. Complete a sprint triathlon in less than 2 hours

I started working out regularly doing Zumba and yoga, but I don't think I will be ready for a sprint this summer. Maybe next summer. I need to refurbish my garage sale Huffy and put in some hours in the pool in preparation.

7. Become a certified yoga instructor.

There's an accelerated program in town that I like, but I am waiting a bit.

8. Start a local rabbit or rodent rescue group

My husband is still adjusting to the two gerbils I brought home. We'll see. This might be a retirement project.

9. Earn my doctorate.

I completed my statement of intent and manuscript for an MFA program. The next step after that can be my doctorate or my Masters of Divinity.

10. Become an official Unitarian Universalist

I joined and pledged. I'm on a hospitality team and a team that feeds people in our area.

11. Perform a wedding or handfasting

No movement on this. I can only hope! My two pagan couple friends had other plans, and another Gaelic polytheist friend wants to do a handfasting without my assistance. It's all good. It will happen some day. I'm not going to try to force it.

12. Earn my Masters of Divinity, probably through Cherry Hill Seminary

After my MFA (or maybe after my doctorate), I will get started on this.

13. Direct a play

I have something in the works, all very tentative, for February.

14. Lead an ecstatic dance meeting

Ooh, I've fallen out of this habit. I need to get back into it. The problem is that the dance group meets during my church hours, so I end up missing it. I just need to make time at least once a month to go. It is a delight.

15. Publish a chapbook or book of my poetry (self-pub counts)

I will get there. I am applying to an MFA program in order to write more poetry, and I will definitely have enough to finish when that is through.

16. Go to the Reclaiming Spiral Dance in San Francisco

I want to go! This year, I am throwing a big Halloween party, so it will need to wait for another year.

17. Learn conversational Italian or French (be able to communicate at an intermediate level)

I was doing the Duolingo app pretty regularly at first (for Italian), but I have gotten out of the habit. I think that a Pimsleur-style audio lesson that I could listen to on my phone while I garden, work out, and so on might be a good way to get started. To get serious, I will need to take a class.

18. Visit Walt Whitman's grave. Read him some poetry and leave him some lilacs.

Someday. A couple friends say they'd like to go with me on his birthday.

19. Be in Mexico (ideally at la Casa Azul) for Dia de los muertos

This is a must. A must.

20. Get my second dream job

I am in a new position! I don't know if it's my forever job, but I can already tell that I will be much happier there, and it will allow me to work on my MFA and excel more on the job, whereas my old position was challenging, demanding, and rewarding on many levels, but the amount of content creation in Spanish and translation/interpretation work really impeded me from accomplishing what I want to do professionally, long-term. I was busy, but I wasn't busy about the right things. I think that I may be at my dream job, but I want to wait a year to mark this off.

21. Eat food I harvested from my home garden

So far, I have planted calendula (not exactly "food"), Italian leaf parsley, tomatoes (traditional, Amish paste, and beefsteak), basil, red bell peppers, and yellow bell peppers. A friend whose community garden project went kaput gave me a ton of plants. I just need to eat one to make this goal a success.

22. Take a ballroom (or similar) style course with a partner (for at least one month)

No progress to report.

23. Get a tattoo

I don't want one. I'm going to set a new goal 23.

24. Stay in Oaxaca for at least 3 weeks

No current plans to make this a reality.

25. Go to Pagan Spirit Gathering

Not this year, but maybe next!

26. Make homemade vegan ravioli

The machine is in storage. I can make this happen by the end of the summer for sure!

27. Visit a Hindu temple

I got in touch with our local temple, but I wasn't able to go when the tour was available. Soon!

28. Write 100 blog posts (over all my sites and including guest blogs I write, not including Tumblr) completed 10/1/2014

29. Go on an international vacation with my husband

We're waiting for a while. We like to keep 5 figures liquid in the bank at all times, and we are below that due to our recent home purchase. Once the emergency fund is back at a comfortable level, we want to finally go on a honeymoon.

30. Make a will and include my church in it

I don't have many assets to speak of at the moment, but I will get to this before my 40th birthday.

31. Make a delicious vegan creme brulee

I hope to get to this soon. I have a torch that's getting dusty.

32. Throw a giant, insanely fun Halloween party at my own house

The Facebook invitation is already out, I have decided on how to decorate the house, I have over 400 ideas on Pinterest, and I know that I want to be either Ursula from The Little Mermaid or a vintage, DC comics Wonder Woman. I think it will be giant, and it will be at my house, but how "insanely fun" it is remains to be seen.

33. Create a labyrinth (either for my use or public use)

My husband and I discussed this, and I think that a backyard labyrinth, at least a permanent one, is out of the picture. We are going to put in a brick circle instead. I may try to get my church or another group to create one. I could do a temporary labyrinth for sure, and that would still count.

34. Publish a Cross Quarterly anthology

The zine is on the chopping block. I will need to revise this goal.

35. Attend a Jewish service (respectfully) and 36. Attend a Muslim service (respectfully)

Eventually!

37. Complete The Artist's Way

For accountability, I am facilitating an Artist's Way group over the summer. I should actually finish the whole thing this time!

38. Keep a journal with daily entries for a full year

Oh, gosh. I hope that my daily pages from The Artist's Way can lead me to that. I should get started now, because this could get so easily derailed by one day off!

39. Be able to do 10 full-body chin-ups continuously with good form

#epicfail I will be able to do this someday, but eek. Not today!

40. Meditate daily for 20 minutes minimum for a full year

I'm still getting into a regular practice. My Insight Timer app helps keep track!

No comments:

Post a Comment