Friday, January 20, 2023

2023 Update - clock is ticking

Some of my original 40 by 40 I did (see the check marks below!) Some of my list I kind of did; I did do a 200 hour yoga teacher training program, but I moved at the end and didn't finish all the steps to officially graduate. Some I am just not interested in doing anymore (vegan ravioli and a sprint triathlon) and some I would like to do someday, but I am not making a priority by the time I turn 40 (stay in Oaxaca for three weeks.) I am planning to update this whole  blog to focus on my Saturn return. After I turn 40 and finish this list, I want to do some goal setting and planning for my next Saturn return. Notably, my first Saturn return was 2013, around the time when I started this blog. Wow.

Current list
1. Skydive
2. Take a ballroom dancing class with new husband
3. Get a tattoo
4. Visit a Hindu temple
5. Go on an international vacation with new husband
6. Attend a Jewish service
7. Attend a Muslim service
8. Keep a journal with daily entries for a full year 
9. Be able to do 10 full body chin-ups continuously with good form
10. Meditate daily for 20 minutes minimum for a full year

Original list now annotated

I would like to accomplish the following 40 things before my 40th birthday on May 13, 2024.
  1. Become a "certified" tarot reader (after researching the "best" tarot certification organization.
  2. Read tarot cards professionally (i.e. earn $ at least once for a reading) ✅
  3. Skydive
  4. Be initiated into a Wiccan or NeoWiccan coven or group (probably the semi-local ATC group)✅
  5. Buy a house✅
  6. Complete a sprint triathlon in less than 2 hours
  7. Become a certified yoga instructor
  8. Start a local rabbit or rodent rescue group
  9. Earn my doctorate
  10. Become an official Unitarian Universalist✅
  11. Perform a wedding or handfasting
  12. Earn my Masters of Divinity, probably through Cherry Hill Seminary
  13. Direct a play ✅
  14. Lead an ecstatic dance meeting✅
  15. Publish a chapbook or book of my poetry (self-pub counts)
  16. Go to the Reclaiming Spiral Dance in San Francisco
  17. Learn conversational Italian or French (be able to communicate at an intermediate level)
  18. Visit Walt Whitman's grave. Read him some poetry and leave him some lilacs.
  19. Be in Mexico (ideally at la Casa Azul) for Dia de los muertos
  20. Get my second dream job
  21. Eat food I harvested from my home garden✅
  22. Take a ballroom (or similar) style course with a partner (for at least one month)
  23. Get a tattoo
  24. Stay in Oaxaca for at least 3 weeks
  25. Go to Pagan Spirit Gathering
  26. Make homemade vegan ravioli
  27. Visit a Hindu temple
  28. Write 100 blog posts (over all my sites and including guest blogs I write, not including Tumblr)
  29. Go on an international vacation with my husband
  30. Make a will and include my church in it
  31. Make a delicious vegan creme brulee
  32. Throw a giant, insanely fun Halloween party at my own house✅
  33. Create a labyrinth (either for my use or public use)✅
  34. Publish a Cross Quarterly anthology
  35. Attend a Jewish service (respectfully)
  36. Attend a Muslim service (respectfully)
  37. Complete The Artist's Way✅
  38. Keep a journal with daily entries for a full year
  39. Be able to do 10 full-body chin-ups continuously with good form
  40. Meditate daily for 20 minutes minimum for a full year

No comments:

Post a Comment